Paper Format: Number of pages: Type of work: Type of paper: Sources needed APA 4 Double spaced Writing from scratch Essay 5 Subject Nursing Topic EHR System Changes and Stakeholder Communication in Health Information Systems
Academic Level: Bachelor
To understand the role of an EHR or HIM manager, it is necessary to be aware of the various stakeholders impacted by the health information systems and tools, including workflow processes, training needs, and resource allocation. As technology advances, so do the challenges. A big challenge for managers is creating a buy-in or an acceptance of the HIM system by the end users (staff). It is important for health care managers to understand who the stakeholders are and what best practices help create a consensus for positive use of HIM technology throughout the organization. Improving your knowledge and skill in these areas can help you become competent at collaborating with stakeholders when implementing system changes. It is important to be cognizant of the impact of changes to stakeholders and how those changes can bring value to the organization. For this assignment, you will complete the Stakeholder Communication in Health Information Systems assignment and identifying who the most important stakeholders are and how your recommendations in the previous two assignments would bring value to the stakeholders.
1) Describes the relevant stakeholders related to an impact analysis. Identifies why specific stakeholders may be more important than others. Pay close attention to the various stakeholders, their needs, the challenges they face as well as strategies for leveraging evidence to be convincing and illustrate value.
2) Review the Stakeholder Matrix Template that is linked. This needs to be completed this as part of the assignment. So, make sure you understand the types of information you will need to input.
3) Research best practices for collaborating with stakeholders to create buy-in and overcome barriers or resistance to implementing new processes or tools in health care settings. Explains the process used to arrive at recommendations related to a HIM system. Identifies area of unclear or missing information that could be used to improve the process in the future.
4) Research training strategies. Describes a timeline for implementing recommendations related to a HIM system. Acknowledges challenges with regards to logistics, resources, or training related to implementation.
5) Research best practices for resource allocation with regards to HIT. Analyzes the impact and value of recommendations on relevant stakeholders and an organization with relation to considerations such as patient outcomes, new training, resource allocation, and workflow changes. Impartially considers contrary data and opposing viewpoints. Proposes criteria to evaluate the degree to which value for the stakeholders was delivered.
Integrates relevant sources to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style. Citations are free from all errors.
References to use:
Number of resources: 5 peer-reviewed resources from scholarly journal articles.
Length: 4 pages
Appendix: Include Stakeholder Matrix Template as an appendix to your analysis.