This week, you will examine assessment techniques, health risks and concerns, and recommendations for care related to patient growth, weight, and nutrition.
• Assess weight-related health risks for pediatric patients
• Design effective strategies for communicating with parents or caregivers about children’s weight-related health
• Apply concepts, theories, and principles relating to health assessment techniques and considerations related to growth, measurement, and nutrition
• Apply assessment skills to collect patient health histories*
*The Assignment related to this Learning Objective is introduced this week and submitted in Week 4.
Note: To access this week’s required library resources, please click on the link to the Course Readings List, found in the Course Materials section of your Syllabus.
Ball, J. W., Dains, J. E., Flynn, J. A., Solomon, B. S., & Stewart, R. W. (2015). Seidel’s guide to physical examination (8th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Mosby.
• Chapter 6, “Growth and Measurement” (pp. 79-94)
In this chapter, the authors explain examinations for growth, gestational age, and pubertal development. The authors also differentiate growth amongst the organ systems.
• Chapter 7, “Nutrition” (pp. 95-113)