Your supervisor has placed you in charge of hiring a new, full-time administrative assistant for your department.
- Prepare an advertisement for that position that complies with federal law. This advertisement must be detailed. The minimum length of your job description must be 300 words (approximately three-fourths of a page). You can make up the job details but must include the following:
- A job description
- A description of the job duties
- A description of the minimum qualifications
- Prepare 10 illegal questions that must not be asked. For each question, be sure to justify your reasoning.
- Prepare 10 legal questions that may be asked during the interview. For each question, be sure to justify each question.
Submit your three- to four-page paper (not including the title and reference pages). Your paper must be formatted to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide and must cite at least three scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.
All of these essays are about justice in some way, either for workers or for a more just food system at the macro level. Answer a brief question about each reading to help facilitate our discussion. Feel free to answer in a few sentences for each question There is no min word count, just be sure to answer each question thoroughly. Write enough to answer the question.
1. For Holtz-Gimenez, how does structural racism affect the food system? How is it connected to his call for land justice?
2. For Bowens, how does the legacy of racial and economic injustice affect the food system in the United States? What kinds of evidence does she give to support her assertions?
3. For Marosi, what is the difference between how produce and how people are treated on Mexico’s farms? Cite a specific example for each.
4. For Lappe, explain in detail what she means when she says that global hunger problems are “not caused by a scarcity of food but by a scarcity of democracy.”