· Explain any controversies associated with the drugs used in the treatment. For example, is there a black box warning with any of the drugs?
Use the notes section of each slide to expand your points or draft your mock oral presentation (or both) and reference your resources. Use at least 3 peer-reviewed or professional resources to support your work in this assessment. Be sure your PowerPoint includes a title slide, a slide with your agenda or list of topics to be covered, and a reference slide. Follow current APA style and formatting guidelines for your citations and references.
· Number of slides: 10–12, not including the title and reference slides.
· Be creative. Consider your intended audience.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 1: Apply practice guidelines and standards of evidence-based practice related to pharmacology for safe and effective nursing practice.
o Identify the pharmacological agents most often used in the treatment of a disease or health condition.
o Describe the treatment regime, including pharmacology, most often prescribed for a disease or health condition.
o Explain the controversies related to a pharmacological agent.
· Competency 2: Explain the relationship between quality patient outcomes, patient safety, and the appropriate use of pharmacology and psychopharmacology.
o Explain the types of actions, side effects, indications, and contraindications that may be expected from a pharmacological treatment.