Think about a client with schizophrenia that you know about from personal, work or clinical experience, or from news media or other sources. Describe the individual.
- What are the positive and/or negative symptoms?
- What are the person’s struggles? What treatments have been tried and failed? What works?
- If you were that person, what would you like to tell your nurse about yourself, your needs, and your fears?
Please provide evidence from professional sources to support your information. Include examples of your prior experience with a client who was having a problem with delusions and/or hallucinations.
So far in this course, we have explored diversity through the lenses of history, the humanities, and the natural and applied sciences. In this module, you will wrap up your draft of Final Project Part One with Milestone Four, and the social sciences lens is the last piece of the puzzle. Look back over the topics you chose to discuss in previous discussions, select one, and reexamine it now through the social sciences. In your initial post, address the following:
- Describe or summarize your previous topic. – USING Discussion 4-1 attached below.
- How has your understanding been affected by the social sciences lens? – Use the info from social science lens of four general lenses attached below.
- How does the social sciences lens support the lens you previously used?
Make sure you support your response with the readings from this module attached below and any additional resources if needed.