Higher education for nurses will continue to evolve with an emphasis on nursing research as well as life-long learning (Laureate, 2012c). The need for evidence-based nursing research will influence healthcare to the extent that the solutions garnered from nursing investigation will be on the same par as medical studies done by providers. This increased respect for nursing could lead to increased interest in nursing as a career and in nursing education overall.
Davida, M. (2012). History of nursing education: In our past, lies our future. Retrieved from
Keating, S.B. & DeBoor, S.S. (Ed.). (2018). Curriculum Development and Evaluation in
Nursing (4th Ed.). New York, NY: Springer.
Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012c). Requirements through the years.
Baltimore, MD: Author.
ITS VERY IMPORTANT TO MEET THE COMPETENCES ; I WROTE THE WORD IMPORTANT NEXT TO EACH COMPETENCE!
Create an educational program, event, or piece of literature (for example, a pamphlet) that incorporates best practices in health promotion and disease prevention for a diverse population. Then, explain how you developed your educational program, event, or piece of literature and address any barriers to disease prevention and health promotion for the population.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 3: Nursing Research and Informatics – Incorporate evidence-based practice interventions (for example, information systems and patient care technologies) as appropriate for managing the acute and chronic care of patients, promoting health across the lifespan.
- (IMPORTANT) -Use valid, scholarly research resources relevant to the field of nursing to support information presented.
- Competency 5: Communication – Communicate effectively with all members of the health care team, including interdepartmental and interdisciplinary collaboration for quality outcomes.
- (IMPORTANT) -Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate APA format, with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a nursing professional.
- Competency 7: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention – Apply and incorporate a basic understanding of the concepts of health promotion and disease prevention as a means of improving health at the individual, population, and community level.
- (IMPORTANT) -Develop an educational program, event, or piece of literature to address health concerns of a diverse population.
- (IMPORTANT) -Explain how a specific educational approach to a health concern can overcome barriers to health promotion and disease prevention for a diverse population.
- Competency 8: Diversity – Incorporate a holistic, caring, culturally appropriate nursing approach that contributes to the wellness and the health of individuals, groups, and vulnerable populations.
- (IMPORTANT) -Describe barriers to health promotion and disease prevention for a diverse population.