1. Assessment format: Research Paper, MLA format
2.( subject )Topic: This essay is according to “The inevitable” by Kevin Kelly. This essay needs to use 5 sources and I want you to use chapter 2 from the book “The inevitable”. So, my topic is AI. This essay has to write about AI and it must have to be really specific. You cannot write about just AI. You have to pick a one of Al such as AI Sophia, AI alphago, AI soccer bot, AI from a hospital. Please be specific.
3. Length: 6 PAGES, NEED OUTLINE AND FIRST DRAFT
4.Due date: OUTLINE:MAY 12TH, FIRST DRAFT: MAY 14TH, FINAL DRAFT: BEFORE MAY 16TH
5.Assessment description and instructions:In his 1993 book, Technopoly, writer Neil Postman declares, “a new technology does not add or subtract something. It changes everything” (18). This approach to looking at technologies new and old requires that we closely consider the complexities of these changes. Kevin Kelly takes a more optimistic stance in his 2016 book The Inevitable, where he aims “to uncover the root of digital change so that we can embrace them” (5). The book explores 12 forces, or trends, in order that we might better prepare ourselves for our inevitable futures in how we engage in our everyday world.
For this essay you will have an opportunity to explore some of the ways in which technology is changing the way we do things. This may allow you to look closer at an issue we’ve covered, or examining something we haven’t.
You may choose to write about a form of technology (a device, program, tool, website, app, etc.) and the different ways it has affected (or will affect) change in the way we do things. Or you may focus more closely on one of the technological trends explored in Kelly’s book to convince your reader of its role in shaping the way we do things like work, play, learn, buy, eat, communicate, etc. My hope is that you present a solid argument that demonstrates your ability to engage in the current conversation around the technology-related topic that you want to know more about.
While the prompt may seem to be broad, you are being asked to choose something narrow and specific. Even though I feel that providing you with a list of possible topics might cause you to limit following your own interests, here are some general questions you may wish to address:
● How is this specific form of technology or trend changing the way we do things?
● How is this technology or trend affected the way people respond to real-life situations?
● In what ways is your technology or trend working to “disrupt” a particular industry?
● How are people working together using certain type of technology to effect change?
● How is this type of technology changing human behavior and relationships?
● How does this technology work to allow people to work together?
● What are some of the main ethical concerns related to this trend?
The answers to these, or any other questions, should lead you to doing a fair amount of research from a variety of sources, both academic and popular. These sources will be used to support the argument you present. Any of these sources may be referenced in your Group Multimedia Project, which your contribution to may be seen as a supplement to your essay. See Project prompt for more on this.
● MLA format
● Page range: 5-8 pages
● A thesis that clearly states your argument
● Consideration of the structure of body paragraphs, clearly relating back to thesis
● Strong supporting evidence for your claims from at least 5 credible sources, one of which
can include Kelly’s book.
● Clear explanation for how your evidence supports your claims
● Counterarguments to opposing views
● Careful consideration of the views of your readers (find common ground)
● A conclusion
● Works cited page for all references
6.Required resource : 1 from book chapter 2 “The inevitable”, and 5 different sources but it has to about AI stuff. (Specific stuff)
7.Reference style: see a prompt
8.Assessment Criteria : see a prompt
Please attach all the documents, materials, articles and related information for this job.