Formulate a PICOT statement for your capstone project.
A PICOT starts with a designated patient population in a particular clinical area and identifies clinical problems or issues that arise from clinical care. The intervention should be an independent, specified nursing change intervention. The intervention cannot require a provider prescription. Include a comparison to a patient population not currently receiving the intervention, and specify the timeframe needed to implement the change process.
Formulate a PICOT statement using the PICOT format provided in the assigned readings. The PICOT statement will provide a framework for your capstone project.
In a paper of 500-750 words, clearly identify the clinical problem and how it can result in a positive patient outcome.
Make sure to address the following on the PICOT statement:
Health Care Agency
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
1. Clinical problem/issue is identified based on key concepts that define evidence-based practice or clinical experience. Articles are cited to support the need for change in nursing practice. The identified problem/issue can be resolved, or a patient outcome can show a marked improvement through a nursing intervention.
2. Clinical problem/issue description includes a developed and thorough explanation of the problem/issue, the setting, the patient population, and the rationale for why it is a problem/issue. The identified clinical problem/issue explains the following elements with detail and clarity: evidence-based solution, nursing intervention, and improved patient care consistent with specific health care agency resulting in nursing practice change. Sound rationale is provided in the discussion of the clinical problem/issue resolution.
3. PICOT statement clearly focuses on the resolution of a clinical problem/issue and aims at improving patient care through the application of an evidenced-based nursing intervention.
4. Population, Intervention, Comparison, Outcomes, and Time are comprehensive and thoroughly developed with supporting details.
5. Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
6. Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
7. Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
8. All format elements are correct.
9. Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error.